Frequently asked questions
Descale your machine at least once a year if you use soft water
Note: for hard water, descale twice a year. (If you don't know what type of water you have, check the water tank - hard water tends to leave white marks)
Order a descaling kit now
- Eject your capsules after each use
- Change the water tank regularly, and refill with fresh drinking water
- Empty and clean the capsule container and drip tray on a regular basis
- For integrated milk devices, activate the cleaning procedure after each use
- Before your first coffee, brew water without a capsule by pressing any coffee button.
When you do this, you pre-heat your coffee cup while rinsing the extraction system for a better coffee experience.
On average, our machines have a 60% recyclability potential. And today, Nespresso Members can bring their machines back to wherever they bought them or in any electrical appliance store. In Europe, the European Union’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) has been in force since 2003. It provides a framework in which consumers can return their used electrical and electronic appliances for recycling.
All the Nespresso machines are equipped with a 19-bar pressure pump, which provides the power needed to pierce the film of the capsule and release the coffee's 900 or so different aromas.
The shape of the Nespresso capsule has been specially designed to ensure that the pressurized water flows evenly through the ground coffee during extraction. The temperature and flow time are also set to ensure that each precious aroma is expressed.
If the capsule container is lit up in red, it means that the water tank is almost empty.
If it's lit up in red and the water tank is full, try the following steps:
- Empty the water tank and fill it with fresh water
- Clean the bottom of the water tank with a soft cloth.
If there is no light, it means that the machine switches itself OFF automatically after 9
mins. This time can be changed to 30 mins.
- Switch the machine OFF.
- Press the Espresso and Lungo buttons simultaneously, then press the ON/OFF button.
- If the light is flashing irregularly, please call the call center.
If there is no coffee flow, please check that:
- The main supply cord is not trapped between the water tank and the machine
- The water tank is sufficiently full and correctly positioned
- Your machine is turned ON (lights ON)
- If there is low coffee flow, it means you may need to descale your machine.
The removable water tank on the Pixie models holds 0.7 liters. Backlight indicators detect when the water tank needs to be refilled (Blue/gray light when full, red light when empty) You can also refill the water tank directly on the machine without removing the tank.